The IRD-70 is the new complete IRD developed by SVP Broadcast Microwave. It demodulates DVB-S2 and DVB-S input signals. DVB-S2 modulation outperforms DVB-S modulation and offers much higher data rate and, therefore, higher quality signal or much more robust signal than DVB-S, enabling longer and more difficult links.
The IRD-70 decodes input TS (H.264 and MPEG-2) signals of up to 45 Mbaud/s, with a superior quality and the lowest delay in the market. The IRD-70 is an H.264 decoder, which can work with SD and HD input signals. H.264 compression enables HD signal transmission and reception using 40% lower bitrate than conventional MPEG-2 systems. Besides, it works in 4:2:2 with 10 bits.
The new IRD-70 offers the highest video quality with minimum end-to-end latency available in the market: 33 ms. For added security, encrypted transmitted signal can be decrypted using BISS and AES decryption technology (optional).
This new generation IRD has several outputs: 3G/HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, Transport Stream over IP and analogue video outputs. The IRD-70 offers simultaneously the received signal in all outputs. SDI embedded, HDMI embedded, analogue and AES audio outputs are available as standard. User data or GPS data can be received over the data channel.
This IRD-70 has ASI and Transport Stream over IP and FEC decoding as defined in SMPTE 2022 available.
• DVB-S2 and DVB-S input signals.
• Superior decoding quality and performance (NEL-NTT technology).
• H.264 and MPEG-2 HD/SD 4:2:2/4:2:0 decoder with 10 bits.
• Lowest Delay in H.264: 33 ms.
• Output signals: Video, HD/SD-SDI, 3G-SDI.
• Highest video quality available: 1080p/50/60, 3G-SDI.
• ASI and Transport Stream over IP with FEC.
• 2 stereo audio channels: analogue, digital (embedded).
• Maximum input bitrate: 320 Mbps.
• Extended range AC & DC power supply.
• Alarm and warning monitoring.
• BISS-1 and BISS-E encryption.
• AES-128 and AES-256 encryption (optional).